Random Thoughts: Quiet on this Blog but not quiet in adding to my Collection

I know I have not been too active posting on this blog  recently. My last blog post here was in May and we are into October. However, being quiet on this blog does not mean I have been quiet in adding to my toy collection.

Between my last post here in May and today, I had been on trips to Tokyo and Hong Kong. And whenever I travelled to these cities, I almost always never failed to add to my growing toy collection. While the rate of my toy collection has definitely slowed dramatically over the past 5 years or so, this slowdown was due more to space constraints rather than a loss of interest.

So, what have I added to my collection in the first 9 months of 2023? Plenty! I have accumulated brand new from retail purchases several 1/6 figures from Sideshow and Hot Toys, mostly from the Star Wars franchise. These include my favourite Scout Trooper, a mythos edition Boba Feat and another figure from the Apexplorer series. I really like the Apexplorer series of 1/6 scaled figures for their stylised look and unique features.

In addition to the 1/6 figures, I have also added many other figurines and figures from officially licensed products of Studio Ghibli, the Godzilla franchise and of course, my Lego collection of Modular Buildings.

And yes, I have also been slowly building up on features for my N-scale (1/159 a.k.a. 1:159) Train diorama setup.

Thus, as the title of this blog post goes, I have been quiet on this blog but not quiet in adding to my Collection. 😏

An N-scale Train Diorama setup at the Cato Showroom, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan (2023)



Comments

Popular Posts