New DX 1/6 Figure from Hot Toys - Bruce Lee

Hot Toys latest 1/6 scale figure from their high-end DX Series is the Bruce Lee figure from the "Enter the Dragon" film. Dated almost 37 years ago, the film featured the legendary Asian Martial Arts artist at the peak of his popularity.


This 1/6 scale figure includes a generous amount of accessories such as alternate pairs of palms where collectors could interchange on the figure to re-create different poses. In addition, there are 2 new head sculpts included in the set.


However, my usual gripe about these 1/6 scale figures is their high price point which has been creeping up quite astronomically over the last year or so. Granted that 1/6 scale figures these days are a far cry from those released as recently as 2 years ago. But the fast increasing prices also mean that it is becoming more and more difficult to shelve out those dollars for this hobby.

For the time being, I can still afford to be in this hobby. However, as far as I am concerned, affordability and willingness to pay top dollar for a hobby are 2 completely different things. Very soon, I will be looking for a new hobby as the prices are fast reaching the "red line" beyond which I am not willing to pay for a figure.

But for now, my pre-order for this awesome figure is locked in and I am eagerly awaiting its release which will be sometime in the 1st quarter of 2011. :-) If I sounded contradictory, it is because I am really in a contradictory position. I love these figures. However, I am finding it more and more difficult to justify spending the ever increasing amount of money on this hobby.

Comments