November 2009 - Discounts Everywhere


The month of November 2009 has been a bumper month for me in terms of my purchases of toys, collectibles and figures. Discounts everywhere amounting to as much as 40% to 50% makes these deals irresistible.

This is especially so when some of the deals are on items that I have been wanting to purchase for a long time but had held back from doing so due to their original retail price which is too pricey for my budget. Thus, when the discounts were applied, I simply have no answer to the temptation to jump on the bandwagon and click the "Buy" button!

And with all these purchases, I have to call a halt to my buying for the year as I have simply burst my hobby budget many times over. My next figure will be arriving around the 2nd Quarter of 2010 so that extra time gives me some respite from those credit card bills.

Here is a quick list of the additions to my collection for October and November 2009:

1/6 Figures
1. Star Wars, Endor Rebel Trooper (Sideshow)
2. Star Wars, Endor Rebel Pathfinder (Sideshow)
3. Star Wars, Yellow Clone Commander (Medicom)
4. Star Wars, Sandtrooper (Sideshow)
5. Indiana Jones, Toht Exclusive (Sideshow)
6. Indiana Jones, Henry Jones Sr Exclusive (Sideshow)
7. The Dead, Harbinger Exclusive (Sideshow)
8. Alien, CPT Dallas (Hot Toys)
9. Alien 3, Dog Alien (Hot Toys)
10. Resident Evil, Chainsaw Killer Exclusive (Hot Toys)

Statues
1. Dinosauria, Carnotaurus Exclusive (Sideshow)

In addition, I have also added a number of 3.75 inch figures and accessories from the Star Wars and Indiana Jones line to my collection.

For now, the buying has to stop for a while. I have enough figures to last me for the next few months as many of these are still sealed in their boxes and waiting to be opened!

Comments