Figure Review: Kotobukiya 1/7 Scale ArtFx Darth Vader


I had bought this Kotobukiya 1/7 Scale ArtFx Darth Vader almost 3 years ago. All along, it was boxed up as I had a hard time finding enough space to display all my figures and collectibles.

Finally, I got round to tidying up my apartment and as a result, a lot of extra space was freed up for my collectibles. And with all the new found space, this Darth Vader statue was among the 7 ArtFx statues that I unboxed and put on display.


Overall Rating

Kotobukiya ArtFx Statues are generally molded in vinyl. According to information I gathered from the Internet, Vinyl is basically plastic.

As is the case with most ArtFx Statues, this Darth Vader comes with an awesome and dynamic pose. Because this is the Episode III version of Vader, the base is sculpted to resemble a lava-strewn environ, to model the landscape of the planet, Mustafa.


The overall statue is actually quite well-done and when viewed from a short distance, it looks really good despite it being made from vinyl and not polystone.

Although not of jaw-dropping quality, this statue does portray the most famous Sith Lord from the Star Wars Universe in all his imposing glory. It was also good enough for me to pass over the purchase of a 1/6 scale Darth Vader figure for my collection as I felt this was a good enough representation of Vader.

I rate this Kotobukiya Statue a 3 out of 5 (3/5).

Comments