SDCC 2009 is around the corner!

SDCC 2009 is just around the corner and July is always both a good and bad time for toys and figures collectors/hobbyists.

Why is July both a good and bad time for collectors/hobbyists?

The answer is simple. With the annual SDCC happening during the month, manufacturers and designers are all over themselves announcing and releasing new toys, actions figures, statues, busts, collectibles and what have you......

And for the collectors/hobbyists? This is the time to go crazy with the wide selection of new items and exclusives all being announced and shipped at the same time. It hurts the pockets, bank accounts and credit cards but it also make the collector/hobbyist happy!

As for myself, I have the Sideshow's Urak Hai Premium Format Figure, Indiana Jones' Toht Exclusive and the SDCC Exclusive of Han & Luke in Stormtrooper Armour shipping this month.

In addition, I have also just purchased all 3-figure releases from Predator 1 by Hot Toys; Dutch, Billy and Pred 1. And this means that I have to take the difficult decision to cancel my pre-order for the Iron Man Mark I and II figures from Hot Toys.........

Comments